Steps To Get The Best Value For Your Used Machinery
CNC Machines require consistent maintenance, especially if it’s used quite often. Any machine should be assessed frequently. If a machine is left without maintenance, it could lead to a lot of potential problems for both the business and the user, causing a costly fix. On top of costly fixes, these can also greatly decrease the value out of your machine if you’re looking to resell it.
Here are steps to get the best value for your used machinery:
- Schedule a Regular Check-up – Preventive maintenance is important. Ensuring the machine is functioning at its best, you can assess if any tool or part of the machine needs to be replaced. A highly maintained machine will definitely function like a new one, as this will extend the lifespan of the machine. In addition, this will also prevent the need for expensive repairs due to negligence.
- Buy Known Brands – Known manufacturers are pleasing to the eyes of a buyer as this gives them a high guarantee that it’s worth purchasing due to its reputation. Brand recognition is one of the standards a buyer looks for. Not to mention that most of its machine equipment is already proven and tested by a lot of users, this gives them an ideal criteria for purchasing your machine.
- Never Abuse The Machine – Never use the machine greater than it’s supposed loading capacity. Always take a look at the manual and guidelines if the machine is capable of handling such load. This simple action will prevent damages to the machine.
- Clean Your Machine – Before selling the machine, make sure to clean the exterior, as well as the interior parts of the machine. There are other companies or owners who opt to repaint the whole machine, as this will give a new-feel for the buyer. In addition to that, repainting the whole machine will also cover small scratches (considering if there is). The exterior of the machine is as important as the interior of it. Evident cracks or any damages could lessen the cost of the machine. A machine that is well-maintained would be a very ideal purchase for the buyer.
- Take Great Pictures When Listing Your Machine – Taking a few more minutes and a few more pictures won’t take much time and effort, but it can make a huge difference if the buyer can view more angles and see more details about the machine.
Following these simple steps, you can maximize the return on your investment in purchasing a CNC machine. Please contact us if you have any machine tools you are looking to sell. We have been buying and selling used metal working and material handling machinery for years. If you’re interested in buying a CNC machine, make sure to look through our used CNC machine inventory.